CHICAGO, Aug. 16, 2021 – Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), is joining the industry push toward a more sustainable future by providing clients with direct access to sustainability tools, resources and a carbon offset program from Avfuel Corporation, a global supplier of aviation fuel and services.
JSSI, the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry, will enable its clients to evaluate and reduce their net carbon emissions by providing a convenient online carbon dioxide (CO2) calculator to estimate emissions, facilitating a simple option to purchase carbon credits to offset emissions, and boosting the adoption of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) through Avfuel.
“We are excited to partner with Avfuel to enable our clients to reduce carbon emissions,” said Neil Book, chairman and CEO of JSSI. “With approximately 10% of the world’s business aviation fleet enrolled on JSSI maintenance programs, we aspire to have a meaningful impact on our industry objective of reaching carbon neutrality by 2050. As research and technology continues to advance, we intend to explore many other innovative paths toward decarbonization.”
“The Avfuel team admires JSSI’s dedication to helping clients cut carbon emissions,” said Craig Sincock, Avfuel’s president and CEO. “We are proud to collaborate to provide efficient tools that make a proven difference in sustainability. We congratulate JSSI for being a true champion for carbon neutrality and are excited to support its admirable goals for a brighter, cleaner future.”
In an effort to drive change toward a sustainable future, JSSI will provide online resources within its customer portal to facilitate the purchase of SAF through Avfuel. Derived from biomatter, Avfuel’s supply of Neste MY Sustainable Aviation Fuel™ drastically reduces emissions across its life cycle compared to petroleum-based jet fuel; in the future, SAF could deliver up to 80% less greenhouse gas emissions versus traditional jet fuel if used in its neat form.
Furthermore, when reporting flight activity each month, JSSI’s maintenance program clients can now choose to offset the carbon emissions associated with their flight hours through Avfuel’s Carbon Offset Program. Each carbon credit purchased will offset one metric ton of CO2 emissions through direct investment in a selection of projects with a positive impact upon the environment.
All projects supported in the carbon offsetting program must meet the strict requirements of either the United Nations or the Gold Standard. Avfuel calculates carbon credits based on an industry-standardized formula, measured in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and the ISO 14064 Standard, and utilizes CO2 emission coefficients as assigned by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
To access a free CO2 calculator and learn more about JSSI’s sustainability initiative, visit jetsupport.com/sustainability.
Chiara Lawrance / Ali Gibson
+44 (0) 1483 447380
+1 (312) 644-8779
+1 (734) 663-6466
About Jet Support Services, Inc.
For more than 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. JSSI is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through an infrastructure of certified technical advisors. JSSI leverages this technical knowledge, experience, buying power and data to provide support at every stage of the aircraft life cycle; from aircraft acquisition to aircraft teardown and part out.
JSSI products and services include:
- Hourly Cost Maintenance Programs to stabilize aircraft maintenance budgets, enhance residual value, and provide peace of mind to aircraft owners and operators of virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines and auxiliary power units (APUs).
- JSSI Parts & Leasing provides aircraft parts, leasing and supply chain solutions. From a single bolt to a complete engine, customers gain access to an inventory of over 38,000 aircraft parts, engines and APUs and a global vendor network to source assets for anything that flies. All backed by the buying power and expertise of JSSI, one of the largest purchasers of parts and maintenance services in the aviation industry.
- JSSI Advisory Services utilizes JSSI’s technical expertise and global network to deliver desktop appraisals by ASA-accredited appraisers, asset inspections, technical advice and maintenance event management. Trusted aviation advisors draw on decades of technical knowledge, experience and real-world data to consult clients.
- Conklin & de Decker enables aircraft owners and operators to make more informed decisions. More than 35 years of objective and impartial data powers digital tools to analyze aircraft ownership options with the most accurate performance and comparison data available, and review critical state tax information.
- SierraTrax offers simple, intuitive, and affordable maintenance tracking software for business aircraft to manage aircraft maintenance, logbooks, records and regulatory compliance.
For more information, visit jetsupport.com.
About Avfuel Corporation
Avfuel provides fuel and services—including sustainable fuel and initiatives—to the global aviation industry and is the leading independent supplier in the United States. Established as a supply and logistics company more than 45 years ago, Avfuel is core competent in every aspect that surrounds the delivery of fuel—from refinery to wingtip. Avfuel combines global access with personalized service throughout a fueling network of more than 3,000 locations worldwide and 650+ Avfuel-branded FBOs. Our 100% dedication to aviation demonstrates our passion and commitment to a global community that prospers on the movement of goods and services around the world.